CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 8, 2013

Teacher Julie's Garden

This last week I was "head teaching" in my preschool student teaching.  Part of this responsibility was planning and implementing activities for various areas of the classroom.  We decided to have a farm in the dramatic play area.  My master teacher encouraged me to think how I could challenge the students in this area.  I decided to make a garden, something they are familiar with but haven't had in the dramatic play area.

Thankfully I went home this last weekend and recruited some help!  You will see my dear mom (master of sewing) and my dedicated brother who took on the job of stuffing the vegetables.  We had so much fun working on this project, even if it did take most of our Saturday.  

Mom and brother hard at work!
The veggies - lettuce, potatoes, radishes, and carrots
The finished gardens. I used two cardboard boxes stuffed with cut up paper bags covered with brown felt. 
A template to make the veggies, feel free to use!  You can tell I used yarn for the tops instead of the stalk I drew. 


The students loved the garden!  They worked on harvesting and planting the vegetables.  They referred to it throughout the week as Teacher Julie's Garden. So sweet! :]

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! I love the idea of letting kids play in a "garden"- I know not as many kids really do that anymore. How awesome of your family to help out!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete